Wednesday, November 25, 2009

que simpatica

i got to move some of my things into my new apartment today and got the keys. how nice! i met the other girl that i didn't before and she said she was excited for me to come. again, how nice! i'm getting excited because there are so many cute little shops all around and i can't wait to check them out. there's one right outside my apartment that has all of these little homemade chocolate treats! yum yum


school:
you want to know something really cool? in my Persona, Economia, y Sociedad class where we watch movies, we watched "The Lives of Others" on Monday. It's a German movie so they have subtitles. my first thought: Why am i here?? a German movie with Spanish subtitles, what a lovely way to wake up in the morning. more like put me back to sleep! BUT! i actually understood most of it!! my reading is getting ridiculously well =) i even read something in Catalan the other day and understood it. so strange..

today i had my class that is also on Fridays and i was supposed to have a presentation Friday but i asked him if i could just present and then leave since my parents are coming. so he said, why don't you just present today and then you don't have to worry about coming Friday? how nice! so i did. but for some reason i did really bad and was stumbling with all of my words. i've given presentations in my other classes but i don't know why i was nervous this time. i just kept laughing. but hey, you can't fail me, atleast i tried!

so that means no school on Friday and i can worry about going to the airport and getting mom and dad settled.

random side note-- i've noticed they write some of their numbers different here. the ones looks like sevens and the fours look like sideways "s"s. hard to explain. but why?

play:
we went out last night to one of our favorite bars, El Gato Negro and i had so much fun because we had a table of so many different people! Italy, Germany, Czech Republic, Croatia, London it's so cool to hear everyone's stories and views of the world. also, one of my friends pulled out this green fruit out of no where and was asking everyone what it was. but nobody knew. she said she saw it on a tree and didn't know what it was so she plucked it. so we spent a good part of our time examining it, smelling it, cutting it open. nobody tasted it though? and it didn't smell. stumped. but honestly, this is why i love this place. anything goes.

then i kept catching the eyes of some people at another table so i decided to go up and say hi and it was a big group of kids. they were celebrating a birthday and had two cakes and gave me some! they asked where i was from and i said America and one of the girls goes, oh, AMERICA! sit down! and was patting the seat next to her. they were so interested. they even told me i could come out with them to a club they were going to after. again, how nice!

when my advisor was here he was asking what i thought of the kids because he said last spring there was a group of girls who told him they felt uncomfortable because the girls here were not very nice or friendly. but he also said they were a handful and could have brought it on themselves. but i kind of agree, the girls here aren't very friendly and even my advisor's wife, who is Catalan, agrees! but the boys on the other hand... all i know is the people here are so much more confident and forward with you. but it's cool.

Joana already found another person to take over the flat and i haven't heard the end of him since! i think she's in love. she keeps saying, "Que guapo! Muy guapo!" which means he is very good-looking. and he's 25. she could be his mother. but oh well, it will be funny. and i'm glad Marta will have another young roommate. she was telling me she is jealous of me but she doesn't think she could live with just students. she's lived with her mom her whole life and now Joana so she's used to order. but i just told her she can come to my new place all the time =) she also told me i better be serious about coming to Prague. you don't have to ask me twice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment