Friday, January 22, 2010

work or play?

so i had an interesting night last night, what else is new, right?

i found this ad on this website that is like craigslist here and they were looking for people to promote this bar on La Rambla. so i wrote them and they told me to come by at 10pm last night. so i did and it's an Irish bar so they all speak English so it was perfect! i go in and the bartender was making shots for these guys and she told me to hold on one minute so she could do her shot with them. and then she says, ah hang on one sec, and she pours another and hands it to me!

so she lets me know how to go about the whole thing and gives me the flyers and just says go have fun. it was DEAD outside and kind of a let down, but it's January and that's expected. i got one euro for every person that gave her the flyer i handed out. i only made 4 euros!! but i had so much fun. i met a ton of people, even though there weren't that many out. and she said if they asked me to go in and have a drink with them i could drink for free while i worked, and i could sit down with them and talk if i wanted...... seriously??

so there were these two boys that came by on a bike and they passed and came back and started talking to me, but they seemed kind of creepy so i just handed them the flyers and told them to either go in or leave. and the one kid went in and came out like 15 minutes later. and they kept talking to me and i just said buzz off because i didn't like their attitudes. then the bartender came out when they left and told me the kid that went inside was trying to pickpocket the other customers!!! i knew they seemed shady! the bartender said don't worry because i had no idea but to just remember their faces...

then towards the end of the night i see this guy and girl walking down towards me and they're moving really slow. they pass by and then the girl just stops and says, NO. and she doesn't move. and he keeps talking to her and he's really drunk and has a beer in his hand. i thought they were together but then i see him start reaching into her bag which was positioned in the back of her, like on her hip. i was like, really??! so i screamed at him, what are you doing!!!!!! get out of here! and he just looked at me. and the lady was scared i felt so bad. and then the bartender came out and pulled me in and told me to just stay inside for a little.

so by then it was almost the end of the night so she gives me a beer and says just stay inside and i can just relax. haha! what a "job."and i was talking with the two bartenders and two of their friends who are locals and always there. they had some crazy stories and it was actually fun just hanging out with them. they even invited me out with them afterward but i just said no i'd rather go home... lame!

so she said they have more people starting tonight but she will call me because most people work one day and then quit. but i told her i have nothing going on and i could use any extra money i can get. so it's basically work when i want, make friends, sit down and take breaks whenever, and get free drinks. not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment